This course teaches staff to remove themselves or others from a potentially dangerous situation and in worst cases restrain a pupil/student to ensure a safe environment whilst understanding the medical and legal implications of using techniques.
Teaching and non-teaching staff and all those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Education Managing Challenging Behaviour – Practical training course is aimed at all staff including:
- All new employees
- Teaching staff
- Non-teaching staff
- Particularly SENCO and Pastoral Care Teams
Distance, positioning and movement
- Tactical awareness
Breakaway and disengagement
- Disengagement techniques
Redirection and relocation
- Safe moving
- Hip checking
- Single and pairs techniques
- Standing and seated interventions
Medical implications of techniques
- Positional asphyxia
- Safe practice
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Demonstrate positive body language to prevent or de-escalate behaviours
- Relocate pupil/students from challenging situations safely
- Restrict and restrain pupils/students to maintain safety
- Understand the legal and moral position
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s Train the trainer service will enable your team to deliver motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with delegates.