This training course has been designed as an introduction to dementia so that carers can learn more about the subject and feel more confident about caring for someone with the condition.
The course covers all aspects of dementia, including the symptoms, information diagnosis, and tips to help staff to communicate more effectively.
All frontline staff who come into contact with the public.
This Facilities, Retail & Leisure Dementia Awareness training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Public-facing staff
Types of dementia
- What dementia is
- Who can be affected?
- Myths v reality
- Signs and symptoms
- Dos and don’ts
Improve care delivery
- Listening strategies
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Understand the different types of dementia
- Recognise common symptoms
- Understand dementia diagnosis
- Know how to communicate with someone with dementia
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a real life IKON trainer, via Microsoft Teams.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
Other facilities, retail and leisure courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Mental health awareness
- Resolving telephone conflict