Our breakaway course is designed to help ‘at risk’ staff groups remove themselves from potential harm.
It provides a range of simple, effective skills and legal knowledge which helps people safely disengage themselves from aggressive situations. Each session comprises theory and physical skills, providing techniques to meet the needs of organisations, clients
and your people.
All frontline staff and those facing challenging and aggressive behaviour.
This Health & Social Care Breakaway training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Frontline staff
- All staff facing challenging and aggressive behaviour
Procedural and legal context
- Medical implications of techniques
- Policies and procedures
- Use of force legislation
Distance, stance and positioning
- Distance – action vs. reaction
- Tactical awareness
- Safe moving
- Hip checking
Breakaway and disengagement techniques
- Disengagement skills
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Understand the law on self defence
- Remove themselves from aggressive behaviours
- Prevent behaviours escalating using strategies and skills
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s Train the trainer service will enable your team to deliver motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with delegates.
Other health and social care courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Dementia awareness
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Mental health awareness
- Resolving telephone conflict
Health and social care prospectusDownload health and social care prospectus
We listen to our clients
Very informative and fun way to learn, good balance of theory and practical demonstrating effective practices to safeguard myself my patients and their families and friends.
Very good course/trainers. Best training of this kind I have been on. Very enjoyable, very interactive & engaging.