Combines the best of Conflict Resolution, Lone Worker and Breakaway for teams that face a higher level of risk on a day-to-day basis. It will raise self-awareness, improve confidence and teach people how to safely remove themselves from potential harm.
All staﬀ whose work brings them into direct contact with members of the public.
This Health & Social Care Conflict Resolution & Personal Safety training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Staff facing challenging or aggressive behaviour
- What is conflict?
- Common causes
- Stages of conflict
Communication models and de-escalation
- Delegate experiences
- Communication models
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
Procedural, environmental and legal responsibilities
- Use of force legislation
- Risk assessments
Lone working and personal safety
- Policies and procedures
- Best practice
Distance, stance and positioning
- Action vs. reaction
- Tactical awareness
- Disengagement techniques
- Medical implications
Incident reporting and support
- Documentation and systems
- Post-incident procedures
- Options for support
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise escalating behaviour
- Reduce the risk of conflict occurring
- Implement measures to successfully manage a conflict situation
- Interpret procedural, environmental and legal context of violence
- Safely remove themselves from harm
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s Train the trainer service will enable your team to deliver motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with delegates.
Other health and social care courses
- Conflict resolution
- Dementia awareness
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Mental health awareness
- Resolving telephone conflict
Health and social care prospectusDownload health and social care prospectus
We listen to our clients
Very informative and fun way to learn, good balance of theory and practical demonstrating effective practices to safeguard myself my patients and their families and friends.
Very good course/trainers. Best training of this kind I have been on. Very enjoyable, very interactive & engaging.