Explores how to recognise and understand signs and symptoms of poor mental health and provides delegates with the confidence and skills to openly discuss concerns.
We will offer practical solutions and signposting for the necessary support. This course gives delegates an enhanced and greater knowledge of mental health illnesses.
All staff who come into contact with the public.
This Health & Social Care Mental Health Awareness training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Staff who come into contact with the public
Myths, stigma and forms of ill health
- Signs and symptoms
Verbal and non-verbal interventions
- Communication skills and models
- The mental health continuum
- Building rapport
Support and signposting
- Demonstrating support
- Further support and advice
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise and understand mental ill health better
- List common signs and symptoms
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Identify support mechanisms for staff
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a real life IKON trainer, via Microsoft Teams.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
Other health and social care courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Dementia awareness
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Resolving telephone conflict
Health and social care prospectusDownload health and social care prospectus
We listen to our clients
Very informative and fun way to learn, good balance of theory and practical demonstrating effective practices to safeguard myself my patients and their families and friends.
Very good course/trainers. Best training of this kind I have been on. Very enjoyable, very interactive & engaging.