Learn techniques to prevent harm due to challenging behaviour while maintaining a safe and supportive service where an ongoing duty of care exists.
This course teaches staff to remove themselves from a potentially dangerous situation and safely hold or relocate whilst understanding the medical and legal implications of using techniques.
All frontline staff and all those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Local Authority & Housing Managing Challenging Behaviour Practical training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour
- Children’s Services
- Teaching Staff
Distance, stance and positioning
- Tactical awareness
Relocation and distraction
- Safe moving
- Hip checking
Breakaway and disengagement
- Disengagement techniques
Safe holding skills
- Safe holding in pairs
- Standing, supine and seated interventions
Medical implications of techniques
- Positional asphyxia
- Safe practice
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of challenging behaviour
- De-escalate using excellent communication
- Demonstrate safe tactical skills to minimise risk
- Escape from an aggressive situation safely
- Hold and relocate service users to maintain safety
- Understand the legal and moral position
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s Train the trainer service will enable your team to deliver motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with delegates.
Other local authority and housing courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Dementia awareness
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Mental health awareness
- Resolving telephone conflict
Local authority and housing prospectusDownload local authority and housing prospectus
We listen to our clients
Fantastic course, really helpful, the trainers had so much experience in this field, they could answer and queries we had. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
Great trainer, humorous, attentive, knowledgeable, great pace. Learnt a lot. Good to refresh sections after each task. Practical was excellent too. Very, very good indeed!