Explores how to recognise and understand signs and symptoms of poor mental health and provides delegates with the confidence and skills to openly discuss concerns.
We will offer practical solutions and signposting for the necessary support. This course gives delegates an enhanced and greater knowledge of mental health illnesses.
All staff who come into contact with the public.
This Local Authority & Housing Mental Health Awareness course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Those who come into contact with the public
- Team Leaders
- Deﬁning conﬂict
- Common causes
- Stages of conﬂict
Communication models and de-escalation
- Conﬂict examples
- Warning and danger signs
- Communication models
- Cultural diﬀerences
- Communication and de-escalation
Procedural, environmental and legal responsibilities
- Use of force legislation
- Risk assessments
- Policy and best practice
- Mental Capacity Act
Incident reporting and support
- Documentation and systems
- Post-incident procedures
- Options for support
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise and understand mental ill health better
- List common signs and symptoms
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Identify support mechanisms for staff
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a real life IKON trainer, via Microsoft Teams.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
Other local authority and housing courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Dementia awareness
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Resolving telephone conflict
Local authority and housing prospectusDownload local authority and housing prospectus
We listen to our clients
Fantastic course, really helpful, the trainers had so much experience in this field, they could answer and queries we had. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
Great trainer, humorous, attentive, knowledgeable, great pace. Learnt a lot. Good to refresh sections after each task. Practical was excellent too. Very, very good indeed!