Our conflict resolution course helps frontline people to recognise and resolve challenging situations. They will be provided with the attitudes, behaviours and skills to resolve conflict in a safe and confident way.
All staff whose work brings them into direct contact with members of the public.
This Health & Social Care Conflict Resolution training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Frontline staff
- Deﬁning conﬂict
- Common causes
- Stages of conﬂict
Communication models and de-escalation
- Conﬂict examples
- Warning and danger signs
- Communication models
- Cultural diﬀerences
- Communication and de-escalation
Procedural, environmental and legal responsibilities
- Use of force legislation
- Risk assessments
- Policy and best practice
- Mental Capacity Act
Incident reporting and support
- Documentation and systems
- Post-incident procedures
- Options for support
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise conﬂict and the causes
- De-escalate aggressive behaviour eﬀectively
- Understand procedural and legal context of violence
- Provide post-incident procedures
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
Other health and social care courses
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Resolving telephone conflict
- Safety Pod Training
Health and social care prospectusDownload health and social care prospectus
We listen to our clients
Very informative and fun way to learn, good balance of theory and practical demonstrating effective practices to safeguard myself my patients and their families and friends.
Very good course/trainers. Best training of this kind I have been on. Very enjoyable, very interactive & engaging.