Our breakaway course is designed to help staff groups remove themselves from potential harm.
The simple, effective techniques aim to provide your people with the practical skills and knowledge to disengage from an individuals grasp creating an opportunity to escape., whilst also understanding the legal and medical considerations of using any physical skills technique. Each session comprises of both theory and practical skills, providing techniques to meet the needs of your organisation, clients and your people.
All frontline staff and all those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Local Authority & Housing Breakaway training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- At risk staff, those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour
Procedural and legal context
- Organisational policies and procedures
- The legal framework and how it can support you
Distance, stance and positioning
- Distance – action vs. reaction
- Positive body language
- Safe moving/relocation of an individual
- Balance displacement techniques
Breakaway and disengagement techniques
- Disengagement skills
- Medical implications of techniques
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Understand the law on self defence
- Remove themselves from aggressive behaviours
- Prevent behaviours escalating using strategies and skills
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
Other local authority and housing courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Resolving telephone conflict
- Safety Pod - Children's Services
- Safety Pod Refresher - Children's Services
Local authority and housing prospectusDownload local authority and housing prospectus
We listen to our clients
Fantastic course, really helpful, the trainers had so much experience in this field, they could answer and queries we had. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
Great trainer, humorous, attentive, knowledgeable, great pace. Learnt a lot. Good to refresh sections after each task. Practical was excellent too. Very, very good indeed!