Teaches your people how to manage and defuse difficult phone conversations.
Delegates will learn coping strategies for use during and after an aggressive call. Used effectively, our training will allow conversations to progress more productively.
This NHS Resolving Telephone Conflict training course is aimed at all staﬀ throughout the NHS including:
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) operators
- Reception staff
- Help desk teams
- Call centre teams
Recognising telephone conflict
- Policy definitions
- Causes of challenging calls
- Positive body language
- Customer service principles
- Self-awareness in difficult situations
Communication models and de-escalation
- Attitude and behaviour model
- Managing difficult and distressed conversations
- Listening model to defuse
- Structured model to manage and end calls when required
Incident reporting and support
- Documentation and systems
- Post-incident procedures
- Options for support
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise telephone conflict
- Start a call positively
- Implement strategies to manage a challenging call
- Report incidents effectively
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
We listen to our clients
... the professionalism, the experience and the knowledge shown by IKON Training was first class. They understood our needs and promptly developed a programme of training which we rolled out to over 120 hospital-based staff.
I have worked in the NHS for over 20 years and this was hands down the best conflict resolution training I have had. Thank you.