This course is a pre-requisite to the practical training. This course is designed so that your people will be able to identify and manage challenging behaviour pro-actively. By the end of the course they will be able to understand and implement de-escalation strategies with a focus on early intervention.
All frontline staff and those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Facilities, Retail & Leisure Managing Challenging Behaviour – Theory training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Customer-facing staff
- Those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour
Understanding challenging behaviour in your setting
- Experiences and challenges faced
- Causes, triggers and precursors
- Iceberg theory
Behaviour triggers and the changes that indicate escalation towards violence
- Recognising behaviour changes
- Warning and danger signs
De-escalation strategies and techniques
- Communication models and theories
- De-escalation strategies
Legal rights and responsibilities
- Policies and procedures
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of challenging behaviour
- De-escalate using excellent communication
- Understand the legal and moral position
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Receive a course workbook
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a real life IKON trainer, via Microsoft Teams.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s Train the trainer service will enable your team to deliver motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with delegates.
Other facilities, retail and leisure courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Dementia awareness
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Mental health awareness
- Resolving telephone conflict