Our lone worker safety training will improve the health and safety, self-awareness and confidence of people who have to work without supervision.
The course is designed to improve understanding of your organisation’s lone worker policy whilst helping staff to feel empowered to resolve situations effectively and safely when working alone.
The training will focus on risk assessment practices, de-escalation and communication skills, positive body language, stance and positioning skills.
Staff recognised as lone workers, eg members of community teams.
This NHS Lone Worker training course is aimed at all staﬀ deemed to be lone workers throughout the NHS including:
- Community staff, clinical and non-clinical
- Community doctors and healthcare professionals
- Community Midwives
Lone working and personal safety
- Lone working definitions
- Dynamic risk assessing
- Information gathering
- Recognising vulnerable situations
- Impact factors – personal and environmental
Communication and lone working strategies
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Communication and de-escalation models and strategies
Policies and procedures
- Lone working policy
- The legal position on lone working
- Post-incident procedures
- Options of support
Physical stance and positioning
- Self-awareness in lone working situations
- Distance, stance and positioning
- Escape routes
- Tactical awareness
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Define lone working
- Identify personal safety risks
- Understand positive communication and strategies to de-escalate
- Understand policies to keep you safe
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
We listen to our clients
... the professionalism, the experience and the knowledge shown by IKON Training was first class. They understood our needs and promptly developed a programme of training which we rolled out to over 120 hospital-based staff.
I have worked in the NHS for over 20 years and this was hands down the best conflict resolution training I have had. Thank you.