Combines the best of Conflict Resolution, Lone Worker and Breakaway for teams that face a higher level of risk on a day-to-day basis.
It will raise self-awareness, improve confidence and teach people how to safely remove themselves from potential harm.
All staﬀ whose work brings them into direct contact with members of the public.
This Health & Social Care Conflict Resolution & Personal Safety training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Staff facing challenging or aggressive behaviour
Exploring conflict & lone working
- Defining conflict
- Lone working challenges
- Common causes
- Recognising behavioural changes
Communication models and de-escalation
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Communication and de-escalation models and strategies
- Control measures
Procedural, environmental and legal responsibilities
- Dynamic risk assessing
- Information gathering
- Impact factors- personal and environmental
- Policies and procedures
- The legal framework and how it can support you
Lone working and personal safety
- Self-awareness in lone working situations
- Distance, stance and positioning
- Tactical awareness
- Disengagement techniques
Incident reporting and support
- Documentation and systems
- Post-incident procedures
- Options for support
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise escalating behaviour
- Reduce the risk of conflict occurring
- Implement measures to successfully manage a conflict situation
- Interpret procedural, environmental and legal context of violence
- Safely remove themselves from harm
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
We listen to our clients
Very informative and fun way to learn, good balance of theory and practical demonstrating effective practices to safeguard myself my patients and their families and friends.
Very good course/trainers. Best training of this kind I have been on. Very enjoyable, very interactive & engaging.