This course is a prerequisite to the practical training and is designed specifically so that your people will be able to identify and manage challenging behaviour pro-actively.
By the end of the course they will be able to understand and implement de-escalation strategies with a focus on early intervention.
All frontline staﬀ and all those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Local Authority & Housing training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Those facing challenging and aggressive behaviour
- Children’s Services
- Teaching Staff
Understanding challenging behaviour in your setting
- Experiences and challenges faced
- Causes, triggers and precursors
- Identifying patterns of behaviour
De-escalation strategies and techniques
- Attitude and behaviour model
- Verbal and non0verbal communication
- Listening model to defuse
- De-escalation strategies
Legal rights and responsibilities
- Policies and procedures
- The legal framework and how it can support you
- National guidelines
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of challenging behaviour
- De-escalate using excellent communication skills
- Understand the legal position and how it relates
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
Other local authority and housing courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Resolving telephone conflict
- Safety Pod - Children's Services
- Safety Pod Refresher - Children's Services
Local authority and housing prospectusDownload local authority and housing prospectus
We listen to our clients
Fantastic course, really helpful, the trainers had so much experience in this field, they could answer and queries we had. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
Great trainer, humorous, attentive, knowledgeable, great pace. Learnt a lot. Good to refresh sections after each task. Practical was excellent too. Very, very good indeed!