This course is a prerequisite to the practical training and is designed specifically so that your people will be able to identify and manage challenging behaviour pro-actively.
By the end of the course they will be able to understand and implement de-escalation strategies with a focus on early intervention.
Teaching and non-teaching staff and all those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Education Managing Challenging Behaviour – Theory training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Teaching staff
- Non-teaching staff
- Those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour
Understanding challenging behaviour in your setting
- Experiences and challenges faced
- Causes, triggers and precursors
- Identifying patterns of behaviour
De-escalation strategies and techniques
- Attitude and behaviour model
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Listening model to defuse
- De-escalation strategies
Legal rights and responsibilities
- Policies and procedures
- The legal framework and how it can support you
- National guidelines
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise the signs of challenging behaviour
- De-escalate using excellent communication skills
- Understand the legal position and how it relates
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.