Learn techniques to prevent harm due to challenging behaviour while maintaining a safe and supportive service where an ongoing duty of care exists.
This course teaches staff to remove themselves from a potentially dangerous situation and safely hold or relocate whilst understanding the medical and legal implications of using techniques.
All frontline staﬀ and those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Health & Social Care Managing Challenging Behaviour – Practical training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- All those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour
Distance, stance and positioning
- Positive body language
- Reactionary gap
Relocation and distraction
- Balance displacement techniques
- Safe moving/relocation of an individual to a safe location
- Legal framework to support decision making
- What is restraint?
- Standing and seated interventions to keep individuals safe
Medical implications of techniques
- Identifying medical implications of restrictive interventions
- Recognising the risks of physical skills
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Demonstrate positive body language and distancing
- Safely remove themselves from an individual
- Demonstrate physical skills to keep yourself and individuals safe
- Recognise the risks and medical implications of physicals skills
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
We listen to our clients
Very informative and fun way to learn, good balance of theory and practical demonstrating effective practices to safeguard myself my patients and their families and friends.
Very good course/trainers. Best training of this kind I have been on. Very enjoyable, very interactive & engaging.