This course teaches staff to remove themselves or others from a potentially dangerous situation and in worst cases restrain a pupil/student to ensure a safe environment whilst understanding the medical and legal implications of using techniques.
Teaching and non-teaching staff and all those facing challenging or aggressive behaviour.
This Education Managing Challenging Behaviour – Practical training course is aimed at all staff including:
- All new employees
- Teaching staff
- Non-teaching staff
- Particularly SENCO and Pastoral Care Teams
Distance, stance and positioning
- Positive body language
- Reactionary gap
Relocation and distraction
- Balance displacement techniques
- Safe moving/relocation of an individual to a safe location
- Legal framework to support decision making
- What is restraint?
- Standing and seated interventions to keep individuals safe
Medical implications of techniques
- Identifying medical implications of restrictive interventions
- Recognising the risks of physical skills
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Demonstrate positive body language and distancing
- Safely remove themselves from an individual
- Demonstrate physical skills to keep yourself and individuals safe
- Recognise the risks and medical implications of physicals skills
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.