Our lone worker safety training will improve the health and safety, self-awareness and confidence of people who have to work without supervision.
The course is designed to improve understanding of your organisation’s lone worker policy whilst helping staff to feel empowered to resolve situations effectively and safely when working alone.
Staff recognised as lone workers, eg members of community-based teams.
This Health & Social Care Lone Worker training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Staff recognised as lone workers
- Community Teams
Lone working and personal safety
- Lone working definitions
- Dynamic risk assessing
- Information gathering
- Recognising vulnerable situations
- Impact factors – personal and environmental
Communication and lone working strategies
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Communication and de-escalation models and strategies
Policies and procedures
- Lone working policy
- The legal position on lone working
- Post-incident procedures
- Options of support
Physical stance and positioning
- Self-awareness in lone working situations
- Distance, stance and positioning
- Escape routes
- Tactical awareness
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Define lone working
- Identify personal safety risks
- Understand positive communication and strategies to de-escalate
- Understand policies to keep you safe
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
Other health and social care courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Resolving telephone conflict
- Safety Pod Training
Health and social care prospectusDownload health and social care prospectus
We listen to our clients
Very informative and fun way to learn, good balance of theory and practical demonstrating effective practices to safeguard myself my patients and their families and friends.
Very good course/trainers. Best training of this kind I have been on. Very enjoyable, very interactive & engaging.