Our conﬂict resolution course is designed to enhance your peoples understanding, skills and knowledge in recognising, managing and resolving conflict situations effectively.
They will be provided with strategies, techniques, models and theories to address conflict in a constructive, safe and conﬁdent manner.
All staff who face adults presenting challenging or aggressive behaviour over the telephone or face to face. Under legislation it is an employer’s responsibility to ensure that individuals and roles are risk-assessed in relation to violence and aggression.
This Education Conflict Resolution training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- Receptionist staff
- Assistant teachers
- Staff managing conflict in the workplace
- Defining conflict
- Common causes
- Recognising behavioural changes
- Self-awareness in challenging situations
Communication models and de-escalation
- Listening models
- De-escalation strategies
- Negotiation skills
- Structuring conversations
Procedural, environmental and your legal responsibilities
- Risk assessments
- Policy and best practice
- Use of force legislation
Incident reporting and support
- Documentation and systems
- Post-incident procedures
- Options for support
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise conflict and the key causes
- De-escalate situations effectively using positive communication
- Understand policy, procedures and the legal framework
- Report incidents effectively
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
Other education and further learning courses
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Safety Pod Training