Teaches your people how to manage and defuse difficult phone conversations. Delegates will learn coping strategies for use during and after an aggressive call. Used effectively, our training will allow conversations to progress more productively.
All telephone staff including call centre teams and customer liaison staff.
This Local Authority & Housing Resolving Telephone Conflict training course is aimed at all staﬀ including:
- All new employees
- Call Centre Teams
- Customer Liaison Teams
- Reception Staff
- Help Desk Teams
Recognising telephone conflict
- Policy definitions
- Causes of challenging calls
- Positive body language
- Customer service principles
- Self-awareness in difficult situations
Communication models and de-escalation
- Attitude and behaviour model
- Managing difficult and distressed conversations
- Listening model to defuse
- Structured model to manage and end calls when required
Incident reporting and support
- Documentation and systems
- Post-incident procedures
- Options for support
By the end of this course your team will be able to:
- Recognise telephone conflict
- Start a call positively
- Implement strategies to manage a challenging call
- Report incidents effectively
At the end of this course your team will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- Access to a dedicated delegate resource area via IKON Academy
Our effective remote communications training enables your people to get the training they need wherever they are, with a dedicated live IKON trainer.
Many of our courses, especially those with physical skills, can be delivered in a face-to-face in-person training environment, either at your venue or ours.
IKON’s train the trainer service enables your team to deliver empowering motivational and insightful training that builds confidence and trust with their colleagues.
Other local authority and housing courses
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict resolution and personal safety
- Lone worker
- Managing challenging behaviour – practical
- Managing challenging behaviour – theory
- Safety Pod - Children's Services
- Safety Pod Refresher - Children's Services
Local authority and housing prospectusDownload local authority and housing prospectus
We listen to our clients
Fantastic course, really helpful, the trainers had so much experience in this field, they could answer and queries we had. Really enjoyed it, thank you.
Great trainer, humorous, attentive, knowledgeable, great pace. Learnt a lot. Good to refresh sections after each task. Practical was excellent too. Very, very good indeed!